Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mass Readings for Monday, April 24, 2006


St. Fidelis Roy of Sigmaringen, Capuchin, Priest, Martyr (Feast)

First Reading: Revelation 3: 7 - 8, 10 - 12 or 2 Timothy 2:8-13; 3:10-12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.
8 "`I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
10 Because you have kept my word of patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial which is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell upon the earth.
11 I am coming soon; hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.
12 He who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God; never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

--OR--

2 Timothy 2: 8 - 13,3:10-12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descended from David, as preached in my gospel,
9 the gospel for which I am suffering and wearing fetters like a criminal. But the word of God is not fettered.
10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain salvation in Christ Jesus with its eternal glory.
11 The saying is sure: If we have died with him, we shall also live with him;
12 if we endure, we shall also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;
13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful -- for he cannot deny himself
10 Now you have observed my teaching, my conduct, my aim in life, my faith, my patience, my love, my steadfastness,
11 my persecutions, my sufferings, what befell me at Antioch, at Ico'nium, and at Lystra, what persecutions I endured; yet from them all the Lord rescued me.
12 Indeed all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

Psalm: Psalms 119: 137 - 144
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

137 Righteous art thou, O LORD, and right are thy judgments.
138 Thou hast appointed thy testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness.
139 My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget thy words.
140 Thy promise is well tried, and thy servant loves it.
141 I am small and despised, yet I do not forget thy precepts.
142 Thy righteousness is righteous for ever, and thy law is true.
143 Trouble and anguish have come upon me, but thy commandments are my delight.
144 Thy testimonies are righteous for ever; give me understanding that I may live.

Gospel: John 10: 11 - 16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
12 He who is a hireling and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
13 He flees because he is a hireling and cares nothing for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me,
15 as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd.