Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Mass Readings for Friday December 4, 2009


FIRST READING: Isaiah 29: 17 - 24


17 Is it not yet a very little while until Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be regarded as a forest?

18 In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.

19 The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.

20 For the ruthless shall come to nought and the scoffer cease, and all who watch to do evil shall be cut off,

21 who by a word make a man out to be an offender, and lay a snare for him who reproves in the gate, and with an empty plea turn aside him who is in the right.

22 Therefore thus says the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob: "Jacob shall no more be ashamed, no more shall his face grow pale.

23 For when he sees his children, the work of my hands, in his midst, they will sanctify my name; they will sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.

24 And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who murmur will accept instruction."

PSALM: Psalms 27: 1, 4, 13 - 14


1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

4 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

13 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!

14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD! ------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOSPEL: Matthew 9: 27 - 31


27 And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, "Have mercy on us, Son of David."

28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to him, "Yes, Lord."

29 Then he touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it done to you."

30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly charged them, "See that no one knows it."

31 But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.