Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, September 30, 2011

Daily Mass Readings for Saturday, October 1, 2011


Memorial of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Virgin and Doctor of the Church

FIRST READING: Baruch 4: 5 - 12, 27 - 29

5 Take courage, my people, O memorial of Israel!
6 It was not for destruction that you were sold to the nations, but you were handed over to your enemies because you angered God.
7 For you provoked him who made you, by sacrificing to demons and not to God.
8 You forgot the everlasting God, who brought you up, and you grieved Jerusalem, who reared you.
9 For she saw the wrath that came upon you from God, and she said: "Hearken, you neighbors of Zion, God has brought great sorrow upon me;
10 for I have seen the captivity of my sons and daughters, which the Everlasting brought upon them.
11 With joy I nurtured them, but I sent them away with weeping and sorrow.
12 Let no one rejoice over me, a widow and bereaved of many; I was left desolate because of the sins of my children, because they turned away from the law of God.
27 "Take courage, my children, and cry to God, for you will be remembered by him who brought this upon you.
28 For just as you purposed to go astray from God, return with tenfold zeal to seek him.
29 For he who brought these calamities upon you will bring you everlasting joy with your salvation."

PSALM: Psalms 69: 33 - 36

33 For the LORD hears the needy, and does not despise his own that are in bonds.
34 Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and everything that moves therein.
35 For God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah; and his servants shall dwell there and possess it;
36 the children of his servants shall inherit it, and those who love his name shall dwell in it.

GOSPEL: Luke 10: 17 - 24

17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"
18 And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall hurt you.
20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
21 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will.
22 All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
23 Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see!
24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."