Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, June 01, 2012

Daily Mass Readings for Saturday, June 02, 2012


"The Chief Priests Ask Jesus by What Right Does He Act in This Way" - by James Tissot

FIRST READING: Jude 1: 17, 20 - 25

17 But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
20 But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit;
21 keep yourselves in the love of God; wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And convince some, who doubt;
23 save some, by snatching them out of the fire; on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24 Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you without blemish before the presence of his glory with rejoicing,
25 to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever. Amen.

PSALM: Psalms 63: 2 - 6

2 So I have looked upon thee in the sanctuary, beholding thy power and glory.
3 Because thy steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise thee.
4 So I will bless thee as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on thy name.
5 My soul is feasted as with marrow and fat, and my mouth praises thee with joyful lips,
6 when I think of thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the watches of the night.

GOSPEL: Mark 11: 27 - 33

27 And they came again to Jerusalem. And as he was walking in the temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders came to him,
28 and they said to him, "By what authority are you doing these things, or who gave you this authority to do them?"
29 Jesus said to them, "I will ask you a question; answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.
30 Was the baptism of John from heaven or from men? Answer me."
31 And they argued with one another, "If we say, `From heaven,' he will say, `Why then did you not believe him?'
32 But shall we say, `From men'?" -- they were afraid of the people, for all held that John was a real prophet.
33 So they answered Jesus, "We do not know." And Jesus said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things."