Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Saturday, November 03, 2012

Mass Readings for Monday, November 05, 2012



FIRST READING: Philippians 2: 1 - 4

1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is
not irksome to me, and is safe for you.
2 Look out for the dogs, look out for the evil-workers, look out for those who
mutilate the flesh.
3 For we are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit, and glory in
Christ Jesus, and put no confidence in the flesh.
4 Though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If any other
man thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more.

PSALM: Psalms 131: 1 - 3

1 O LORD, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not
occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a child quieted at its mother's
breast; like a child that is quieted is my soul.
3 O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.

GOSPEL: Luke 14: 12 - 14

12 He said also to the man who had invited him, "When you give a dinner or a
banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your kinsmen or rich
neighbors, lest they also invite you in return, and you be repaid.
13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind,
14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid
at the resurrection of the just."