Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mass Readings For Wednesday, April 24, 2013



Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Easter

FIRST READING: Acts 12: 24 - 13: 5

24 But the word of the Lord increased and multiplied.
25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, having fulfilled their ministry, taking with them John, who was surnamed Mark.
1 Now there were in the church which was at Antioch, prophets and doctors, among whom was Barnabas, and Simon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manahen, who was the foster brother of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 And as they were ministering to the Lord, and fasting, the Holy Ghost said to them: Separate me Saul and Barnabas, for the work whereunto I have taken them.
3 Then they, fasting and praying, and imposing their hands upon them, sent them away.
4 So they being sent by the Holy Ghost, went to Seleucia: and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.
5 And when they were come to Salamina, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. And they had John also in the ministry.

PSALM: Psalms 67: 2 - 3, 5 - 6, 8

2 May God have mercy on us, and bless us: may he cause the light of his countenance to shine upon us, and may he have mercy on us.
3 That we may know thy way upon earth: thy salvation in all nations.
5 Let the nations be glad and rejoice: for thou judgest the people with justice, and directest the nations upon earth.
6 Let the people, O God, confess to thee: let all the people give praise to thee:
8 May God bless us: and all the ends of the earth fear him.

GOSPEL: John 12: 44 - 50

44 But Jesus cried, and said: He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me, but in him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me, seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world; that whosoever believeth in me, may not remain in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and keep them not, I do not judge him: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that despiseth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him; the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father who sent me, he gave me commandment what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting. The things therefore that I speak, even as the Father said unto me, so do I speak.