Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, July 05, 2013

Mass Readings For Saturday, July 06, 2013



FIRST READING: Genesis 27: 1 - 5, 15 - 29

1 Now Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, and he could not see: and he called Esau, his elder son, and said to him: My son? And he answered: Here I am.
2 And his father said to him: Thou seest that I am old, and know not the day of my death.
3 Take thy arms, thy quiver, and bow, and go abroad: and when thou hast taken some thing by hunting,
4 Make me savoury meat thereof, as thou knowest I like, and bring it, that I may eat: and my soul may bless thee before I die.
5 And when Rebecca had heard this, and he was gone into the field to fulfill his father's commandment,
15 And she put on him very good garments of Esau, which she had at home with her:
16 And the little skins of the kids she put about his hands, and covered the bare of his neck.
17 And she gave him the savoury meat, and delivered him bread that she had baked.
18 Which when he had carried in, he said: My father? But he answered: I hear. Who art thou, my son?
19 And Jacob said: I am Esau thy firstborn: I have done as thou didst command me: arise, sit, and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.
20 And Isaac said to his son: How couldst thou find it so quickly, my son? He answered: It was the will of God, that what I sought came quickly in my way.
21 And Isaac said: Come hither, that I may feel thee, my son, and may prove whether thou be my son Esau, or not.
22 He came near to his father, and when he had felt him, Isaac said: The voice indeed is the voice of Jacob; but the hands are the hands of Esau.
23 And he knew him not, because his hairy hands made him like to the elder. Then blessing him,
24 He said: Art thou my son Esau? He answered: I am.
25 Then he said: Bring me the meats of thy hunting, my son, that my soul may bless thee. And when they were brought, and he had eaten, he offered him wine also, which after he had drunk,
26 He said to him: Come near me, and give me a kiss, my son.
27 He came near, and kissed him. And immediately as he smelled the fragrant smell of his garments, blessing him, he said: Behold the smell of my son is as the smell of a plentiful field, which the Lord hath blessed.
28 God give thee the dew of heaven, and of the fatness of the earth, abundance of corn and wine.
29 And let peoples serve thee, and tribes worship thee: be thou lord of thy brethren, and let thy mother's children bow down before thee. Cursed be he that curseth thee: and let him that blesseth thee be filled with blessings.

PSALM: Psalms 135: 1 - 6

1 Praise ye the name of the Lord: O you his servants, praise the Lord:
2 You that stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God.
3 Praise ye the Lord, for the Lord is good: sing ye to his name, for it is sweet.
4 For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself: Israel for his own possession.
5 For I have known that the Lord is great, and our God is above all gods.
6 Whatsoever the Lord hath pleased he hath done, in heaven, in earth, in the sea, and in all the deeps.

GOSPEL: Matthew 9: 14 - 17

14 Then came to him the disciples of John, saying: Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but thy disciples do not fast?
15 And Jesus said to them: Can the children of the bridegroom mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then they shall fast.
16 And nobody putteth a piece of raw cloth unto an old garment. For it taketh away the fullness thereof from the garment, and there is made a greater rent.
17 Neither do they put new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise the wineskins break, and the wine runneth out, and the wineskins perish. But new wine they put into new wineskins: and both are preserved.