Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, May 02, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Saturday, May 03, 2014

"Address to Saint Philip" -- by James Tissot.jpg
"Address to Saint Philip" -- by James Tissot



FIRST READING: 1 Corinthians 15: 1 - 8

1 Now I make known unto you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand;
2 By which also you are saved, if you hold fast after what manner I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all, which I also received: how that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures:
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen by Cephas; and after that by the eleven.
6 Then he was seen by more than five hundred brethren at once: of whom many remain until this present, and some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
8 And last of all, he was seen also by me, as by one born out of due time.

PSALM: Psalms 19: 2 - 5

2 The heavens shew forth the glory of God, and the firmament declareth the work of his hands.
3 Day to day uttereth speech, and night to night sheweth knowledge.
4 There are no speeches nor languages, where their voices are not heard.
5 Their sound hath gone forth into all the earth: and their words unto the ends of the world.

GOSPEL: John 14: 6 - 14

6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
7 If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also: and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him.
8 Philip saith to him: Lord, shew us the Father, and it is enough for us.
9 Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also. How sayest thou, shew us the Father?
10 Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself. But the Father who abideth in me, he doth the works.
11 Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
12 Otherwise believe for the very works' sake. Amen, amen I say to you, he that believeth in me, the works that I do, he also shall do; and greater than these shall he do.
13 Because I go to the Father: and whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you shall ask me any thing in my name, that I will do.