Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, June 13, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Friday, June 13, 2014




FIRST READING: 1 Kings 19: 9, 11 - 16

9 On reaching the place, he came to the cave and stayed in it. Then the word of Yahweh came to him,"What are you doing here, Elijah?"
11 Then Yahweh said, "Go up and stand on the mount, waiting for Yahweh." And Yahweh passed by.
There was first a windstorm, wild wind which rent the mountains and broke the rocks into pieces before Yahweh, but Yahweh was not in the wind. After the storm, an earthquake, but Yahweh was not in the earthquake.
12 After the earthquake, a fire, but Yahweh was not in the fire. After the fire, the murmur of a gentle breeze.
13 When Elijah perceived it, he covered his face with his cloak, went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.
Then he heard a voice addressing him again, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
14 He answered, "I am burning with jealous love for Yahweh, the God of hosts, because the Israelites have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars and slain your prophets with the sword. No one is left but myself, yet they still seek my life to take it away."
15 Yahweh said to him, "Take the road back through the desert and go to Damascus for you must anoint Hazael as king of Syria;
16 you shall also anoint Jehu, son of Minshi, as king over Israel; and Elisha, son of Shaphat, from Abelmehrah, you shall anoint as prophet in your place.

PSALM: Psalms 27: 7 - 9, 13 - 14

7 Hear my voice when I call, O Lord, have mercy on me and answer.
8 My heart says to you, "I seek your face, O Lord."
9 Do not hide your face from me nor turn away your servant in anger. You are my protector, do not reject me abandon me not, O God my savior!
13 I hope, I am sure, that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Trust in the Lord, be strong and courageous - yes, put your hope in the Lord!

GOSPEL: Matthew 5: 27 - 32

27 You have heard that it was said: Do not commit adultery.
28 But I tell you this: anyone who looks at a woman to satisfy his lust has in fact already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 So, if your right eye causes you to sin, pull it out and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
30 If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
31 It was also said: anyone who divorces his wife must give her a written notice of divorce.
32 But what I tell you is this: If a man divorces his wife except in the case of unlawful union, he causes her to commit adultery. And the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.