Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Monday, June 30, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Tuesday, July 01, 2014



FIRST READING: Amos 3: 1 - 8; 4: 11 - 12

1 Hear this word which Yahweh speaks against you, people of Israel, against the whole family which he brought up from the land of Egypt.
2 "Only you have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will call you to account for all your wrongdoings."
3 Do two walk together unless they have agreed?
4 Does a lion roar in the forest when it has no prey? Does a young lion growl in its den unless it has seized something?
5 Does a bird get caught in a snare if the snare has not been baited? Does a tiger spring up from the ground unless it has caught something?
6 If a trumpet sounds in a city, will the people not be frightened? If disaster strikes a city, has not Yahweh caused it?
7 Yet Yahweh does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants, the prophets.
8 If the lion roars, who will not be afraid? If Yahweh speaks, who will not prophesy?
11 "I overthrew you, a divine punishment, as happened to Sodom and Gomorrah; you were like a brand snatched from the blaze, yet you never returned to me," says Yahweh.
12 "Therefore I will deal with you in my own way, Israel, and since I will do this to you, prepare, Israel, to meet your God!"

PSALM: Psalms 5: 4 - 8

4 From daybreak you hear my voice, from dawn I am in your presence watching for you.
5 You are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil has no place in you.
6 The arrogant cannot stand before you. You hate all who do evil;
7 you destroy all who speak falsehood, who thirst for blood and live on lies; all of them the Lord detests.
8 But I, by your love and grace, may come into your house. In reverence I bow down and worship at your holy temple.

GOSPEL: Matthew 8: 23 - 27

23 Jesus got into the boat and his disciples followed him.
24 Without warning a fierce storm hit the lake, with waves sweeping the boat. But Jesus was asleep.
25 They woke him and cried, "Lord save us! We are lost!"
26 But Jesus answered, "Why are you so afraid, you of little faith?" Then he stood up and ordered the wind and sea; and it became completely calm.
27 The people were astonished. They said, "What kind of man is he? Even the winds and the sea obey him."