Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Thursday, July 31, 2014



FIRST READING: Jeremiah 18: 1 - 6

1 This is the word of Yahweh that came to Jeremiah:
2 "Go down to the potter's house and there you will hear what I have to say."
3 So I went to the potter's house and found him working at the wheel.
4 But the pot he was working on was spoiled in his hands, so he reworked it all over again into another pot that suits his desire.
5 Meanwhile Yahweh sent me his word,
6 "People of Israel, can I not do with you what this potter does? As clay in the potter's hand so are you in my hands.

PSALM: Psalms 146: 1 - 6

1 Alleluia! Praise the Lord, my soul!
2 I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to God while I live.
3 Do not put your trust in princes, in a great one who cannot save.
4 Not sooner his spirit has left, that he goes back to the earth; on that very day, any plan comes to nothing.
5 Blessed are they whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God,
6 maker of heaven and earth, the sea and all they contain. The Lord is forever faithful.

GOSPEL: Matthew 13: 47 - 53

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a big fishing net let down into the sea, in which every kind of fish has been caught.
48 When the net is full, it is dragged ashore. Then they sit down and gather the good fish in buckets, but throw the worthless ones away.
49 That is how it will be at the end of time; the angels will go out to separate the wicked from the just
50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where they will weep and gnash their teeth."
51 Jesus asked, "Have you understood all these things?" "Yes," they answered.
52 So he said to them, "You will see that every teacher of the Law who becomes a disciple of the Kingdom is like a householder who can produce from his store things both new and old."
53 When Jesus had finished these parables, he left the place.