Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Saturday, July 05, 2014

Sunday Catholic Mass Readings For July 06, 2014



FIRST READING: Zechariah 9: 9 - 10

9 Rejoice greatly, daughter of Zion! Shout for joy, daughter of Jerusalem! For your king is coming, just and victorious, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
10 No more chariots in Ephraim, no more horses in Jerusalem, for he will do away with them. The warrior's bow shall be broken when he dictates peace to the nations. He will reign from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.

PSALM: Psalms 145: 1 - 2, 8 - 11, 13 - 14

1 I will extol you, my God and King; I will bless your name forever.
2 I will praise you day after day and exalt your name forever.
8 Compassionate and gracious is the Lord, slow to anger and abounding in love.
9 The Lord is good to everyone; his mercy embraces all his creation.
10 All your works will give you thanks; all your saints, O Lord, will praise you.
11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your power,
13 Your reign is from age to age; your dominion endures from generation to generation.
The Lord is true to his promises and lets his mercy show in all he does.
14 The Lord lifts up those who are falling and raises those who are beaten down.

SECOND READING: Romans 8: 9, 11 - 13

9 Yet your existence is not in the flesh, but in the spirit, because the Spirit of God is within you. If you did not have the Spirit of Christ, you would not belong to him.
11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is within you, He who raised Jesus Christ from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies. Yes, he will do it through his Spirit who dwells within you.
12 Then, brothers, let us leave the flesh and no longer live according to it.
13 If not, we will die. Rather, walking in the Spirit, let us put to death the body's deeds so that we may live.

GOSPEL: Matthew 11: 25 - 30

25 On that occasion Jesus said, "Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I praise you, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to simple people.
26 Yes, Father, this is what pleased you.
27 Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28 Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy burdens and I will refresh you.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest.
30 For my yoke is good and my burden is light."