Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mass Readings for Friday, September 17, 2010



FIRST READING: 1 Corinthians 15: 12 - 20

12 Now if Christ be preached, that he arose again from the dead, how do some among you say, that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen again.
14 And if Christ be not risen again, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God: because we have given testimony against God, that he hath raised up Christ; whom he hath not raised up, if the dead rise not again.
16 For if the dead rise not again, neither is Christ risen again.
17 And if Christ be not risen again, your faith is vain, for you are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also that are fallen asleep in Christ, are perished.
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, the firstfruits of them that sleep:

PSALM: Psalms 17: 1, 6 - 8, 15

1 Hear, O Lord, my justice: attend to my supplication. Give ear unto my prayer, which proceedeth not from deceitful lips.
6 I have cried to thee, for thou, O God, hast heard me: O incline thy ear unto me, and hear my words.
7 shew forth thy wonderful mercies; thou who savest them that trust in thee.
8 Protect me under the shadow of thy wings.
15 But as for me, I will appear before thy sight in justice: I shall be satisfied when thy glory shall appear.

GOSPEL: Luke 8: 1 - 3

1 And it came to pass afterwards, that he travelled through the cities and towns, preaching and evangelizing the kingdom of God; and the twelve with him:
2 And certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities; Mary who is called Magdalen, out of whom seven devils were gone forth,
3 And Joanna the wife of Chusa, Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others who ministered unto him of their substance.