Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, October 29, 2010

Mass Readings for Saturday, Ocotber 30, 2010



FIRST READING: Philippians 1: 18 - 26

18 But what then? So that by all means, whether by occasion, or by truth, Christ be preached: in this also I rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19 For I know that this shall fall out to me unto salvation, through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 According to my expectation and hope; that in nothing I shall be confounded, but with all confidence, as always, so now also shall Christ be magnified in my body, wither it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain.
22 And if to live in the flesh, this is to me the fruit of labour, and what I shall choose I know not.
23 But I am straitened between two: having a desire to be dissolved and to be with Christ, a thing by far the better.
24 But to abide still in the flesh, is needful for you.
25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide, and continue with you all, for your furtherance and joy of faith:
26 That your rejoicing may abound in Christ Jesus for me, by my coming to you again.

PSALM: Psalms 42: 2 - 3, 5

2 As the hart panteth after the fountains of water; so my soul panteth after thee, O God.
3 My soul hath thirsted after the strong living God; when shall I come and appear before the face of God?
5 For I shall go over into the place of the wonderful tabernacle, even to the house of God: With the voice of joy and praise; the noise of one feasting.

GOSPEL: Luke 14: 1, 7 - 11

1 And it came to pass, when Jesus went into the house of one of the chief of the Pharisees, on the sabbath day, to eat bread, that they watched him.
7 And he spoke a parable also to them that were invited, marking how they chose the first seats at the table, saying to them:
8 When thou art invited to a wedding, sit not down in the first place, lest perhaps one more honourable than thou be invited by him:
9 And he that invited thee and him, come and say to thee, Give this man place: and then thou begin with shame to take the lowest place.
10 But when thou art invited, go, sit down in the lowest place; that when he who invited thee, cometh, he may say to thee: Friend, go up higher. Then shalt thou have glory before them that sit at table with thee.
11 Because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled; and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.