Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Tuesday, July 29, 2014



FIRST READING: Jeremiah 14: 17 - 22

17 This you will say to them: Let my eyes shed tears night and day without ceasing! For with a great wound has the virgin daughter of my people been wounded, a most grievous wound.
18 If I go into the country, I see those slain by the sword. If I enter the city I see the ravages of famine. For the prophet and the priest did not understand what was happening in the land."
19 Have you then rejected Judah forever? Do you abhor Zion? Why have you wounded us and left us with no hope of recovery?
We hoped for salvation but received nothing good; we waited for healing, but terror came!
20 Yahweh, we know our wickedness and that of our fathers, and the times we have sinned against you.
21 For your name's sake do not despise us; do not dishonor the throne of your glory. Remember us. Do not break your covenant with us!
22 Among the worthless idols of the nations, are there any who can bring rain, or make the skies send showers?
Only in you, Yahweh our God, do we hope, for it is you who do all this.

PSALM: Psalms 79: 8 - 9, 11, 13

8 Do not remember against us the sins of our fathers. Let your compassion hurry to us, for we have been brought very low.
9 Help us, God, our savior, for the glory of your name; forgive us for the sake of your name.
11 Listen to the groans of the prisoners; by the strength of your arm, deliver those doomed to die.
13 Then we, your people, the flock of your pasture, will thank you forever. We will recount your praise from generation to generation.

GOSPEL: John 11: 19 - 27 OR Luke 10: 38 - 42

19 many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to offer consolation at their brother's death.
20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him while Mary remained sitting in the house.
21 And she said to Jesus, "If you had been here, my brother would not have died.
22 But I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."
23 Jesus said, "Your brother will rise again."
24 Martha replied, "I know that he will rise in the resurrection, at the last day."
25 But Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection; whoever believes in me, though he die, shall live.
26 Whoever is alive by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
27 Martha then answered, "Yes, Lord, I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."

OR

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he entered a village and a woman called Martha welcomed him to her house.
39 She had a sister named Mary who sat down at the Lord's feet to listen to his words.
40 Martha, meanwhile, was busy with all the serving and finally she said, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do all the serving?"
41 But the Lord answered, "Martha, Martha, you worry and are troubled about many things,
42 whereas only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the better part, and it will not be taken away from her."