Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, January 02, 2015

Daily Catholic Mass Readings For Saturday, January 3, 2015

"Saint John the Baptist Sees Jesus from Afar" -- by James Tissot
"Saint John the Baptist Sees Jesus from Afar"
 -- by James Tissot


FIRST READING: 1 John 2: 29 -- 3: 1 - 6

29 If you know, that he is just, know ye, that every one also, who doth justice, is born of him.
1 Behold what manner of charity the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called, and should be the sons of God. Therefore the world knoweth not us, because it knew not him.
2 Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know, that, when he shall appear, we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is.
3 And every one that hath this hope in him, sanctifieth himself, as he also is holy.
4 Whosoever committeth sin committeth also iniquity; and sin is iniquity.
5 And you know that he appeared to take away our sins, and in him there is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him, sinneth not; and whosoever sinneth, hath not seen him, nor known him.

PSALM: Psalms 98: 1, 3 - 6

1 Sing ye to the Lord anew canticle: because he hath done wonderful things. His right hand hath wrought for him salvation, and his arm is holy.
3 He hath remembered his mercy his truth toward the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
4 Sing joyfully to God, all the earth; make melody, rejoice and sing.
5 Sing praise to the Lord on the harp, on the harp, and with the voice of a psalm:
6 With long trumpets, and sound of comet. Make a joyful noise before the Lord our king.

Alleluia: John 1:14, 12

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.
But as many as received him,
he gave them power to be made the sons of God.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

GOSPEL: John 1: 29 - 34

29 The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him, and he saith: Behold the Lamb of God, behold him who taketh away the sin of the world.
30 This is he, of whom I said: After me there cometh a man, who is preferred before me: because he was before me.
31 And I knew him not, but that he may be made manifest in Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
32 And John gave testimony, saying: I saw the Spirit coming down, as a dove from heaven, and he remained upon him.
33 And I knew him not; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me: He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon him, he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34 And I saw, and I gave testimony, that this is the Son of God.