Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sunday Catholic Mass Readings For April 26, 2015

"The Good Shepherd" -- by James Tissot
"The Good Shepherd"
-- by James Tissot

Fourth Sunday of Easter

FIRST READING: Acts 4: 8-12

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said to them: Ye princes of the people, and ancients, hear:
9 If we this day are examined concerning the good deed done to the infirm man, by what means he hath been made whole:
10 Be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God hath raised from the dead, even by him this man standeth here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was rejected by you the builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved.

PSALM: Psalms 118: 1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28-29

1 Give praise to Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
8 It is good to confide in the Lord, rather than to have confidence in man.
9 It is good to trust in the Lord, rather than to trust in princes.
21 I will give glory to thee because thou hast heard me: and art become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected; the same is become the head of the corner.
23 This is the Lord's doing: and it is wonderful in our eyes.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name Lord. We have blessed you out of the house of the Lord.
28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, and I will exalt thee. I will praise thee, because thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
29 O praise ye the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

SECOND READING: 1 John 3: 1-2

1 Behold what manner of charity the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called, and should be the sons of God. Therefore the world knoweth not us, because it knew not him.
2 Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know, that, when he shall appear, we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is.

GOSPEL: John 10: 11-18

11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep.
12 But the hireling, and he that is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and flieth: and the wolf catcheth, and scattereth the sheep:
13 And the hireling flieth, because he is a hireling: and he hath no care for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd; and I know mine, and mine know me.
15 As the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, that are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth the Father love me: because I lay down my life, that I may take it again.
18 No man taketh it away from me: but I lay it down of myself, and I have power to lay it down: and I have power to take it up again. This commandment have I received of my Father.