Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mass Readings for Thursday, November 4, 2010



FIRST READING: Philippians 3: 3 - 8

3 For we are the circumcision, who in spirit serve God; and glory in Christ Jesus, not having confidence in the flesh.
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other thinketh he may have confidence in the flesh, I more,
5 Being circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; according to the law, a Pharisee:
6 According to zeal, persecuting the church of God; according to the justice that is in the law, conversing without blame.
7 But the things that were gain to me, the same I have counted loss for Christ.
8 Furthermore I count all things to be but loss for the excellent knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord.

PSALM: Psalms 105: 2 - 7

2 Sing to him, yea sing praises to him: relate all his wondrous works.
3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
4 Seek ye the Lord, and be strengthened: seek his face evermore.
5 Remember his marvellous works which he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth.
6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant; ye sons of Jacob his chosen.
7 He is the Lord our God: his judgments are in all the earth.

GOSPEL: Luke 15: 1 - 10

1 Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3 And he spoke to them this parable, saying:
4 What man of you that hath an hundred sheep: and if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing:
6 And coming home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost?
7 I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.
8 Or what woman having ten groats; if she lose one groat, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently until she find it?
9 And when she hath found it, call together her friends and neighbours, saying: Rejoice with me, because I have found the groat which I had lost.
10 So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.