Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Monday, November 01, 2010

Mass Readings for Wednesday, November 3, 2010



FIRST READING: Philippians 2: 12 - 18

12 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but much more now in my absence,) with fear and trembling work out your salvation.
13 For it is God who worketh in you, both to will and to accomplish, according to his good will.
14 And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations;
15 That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world.
16 Holding forth the word of life to my glory in the day of Christ, because I have not run in vain, nor laboured in vain.
17 Yea, and if I be made a victim upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice, and congratulate with you all.
18 And for the selfsame thing do you also rejoice, and congratulate with me.

PSALM: Psalms 27: 1, 4, 13 - 14

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
4 One thing I have asked of the Lord, this will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. That I may see the delight of the Lord, and may visit his temple.
13 I believe to see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Expect the Lord, do manfully, and let thy heart take courage, and wait thou for the Lord.

GOSPEL: Luke 14: 25 - 33

25 And there went great multitudes with him. And turning, he said to them:
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not carry his cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you having a mind to build a tower, doth not first sit down, and reckon the charges that are necessary, whether he have wherewithal to finish it:
29 Lest, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that see it begin to mock him,
30 Saying: This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, about to go to make war against another king, doth not first sit down, and think whether he be able, with ten thousand, to meet him that, with twenty thousand, cometh against him?
32 Or else, whilst the other is yet afar off, sending an embassy, he desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise every one of you that doth not renounce all that he possesseth, cannot be my disciple.