Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mass Readings For Wednesday, May 22, 2013



Optional Memorial Saint Rita of Cascia, Religious

FIRST READING: Sirach 4: 11 - 19

11 And thou shalt be as the obedient son of the most High, and he will have mercy on thee more than a mother.
12 Wisdom inspireth life into her children, and protecteth them that seek after her, and will go before them in the way of justice.
13 And he that loveth her, loveth life: and they that watch for her, shall embrace her sweetness.
14 They that hold her fast, shall inherit life: and whithersoever she entereth, God will give a blessing.
15 They that serve her, shall be servants to the holy one: and God loveth them that love her.
16 He that hearkeneth to her, shall judge nations: and he that looketh upon her, shall remain secure.
17 If he trust to her, he shall inherit her, and his generation shall be in assurance.
18 For she walketh with him in temptation, and at the first she chooseth him.
19 She will bring upon him fear and dread and trial: and she will scourge him with the affliction of her discipline, till she try him by her laws, and trust his soul.

PSALM: Psalms 119: 165, 168, 171 - 172, 174 - 175

165 Much peace have they that love thy law, and to them there is no stumbling block.
168 I have kept thy commandments and thy testimonies: because all my ways are in thy sight.
171 My lips shall utter a hymn, when thou shalt teach me thy justifications.
172 My tongue shall pronounce thy word: because all thy commandments are justice.
174 I have longed for thy salvation, O Lord; and thy law is my meditation.
175 My soul shall live and shall praise thee: and thy judgments shall help me.

GOSPEL: Mark 9: 38 - 40

38 John answered him, saying: Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, who followeth not us, and we forbade him.
39 But Jesus said: Do not forbid him. For there is no man that doth a miracle in my name, and can soon speak ill of me.
40 For he that is not against you, is for you.