Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Monday, September 22, 2014

Daily Catholic Mass Readings For Tuesday, September 23, 2014




FIRST READING: Proverbs 21: 1 - 6, 10 - 13

1 As the divisions of waters, so the heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord: whithersoever he will he shall turn it.
2 Every way of a man seemeth right to himself: but the Lord weigheth the hearts.
3 To do mercy and judgment, pleaseth the Lord more than victims.
4 Haughtiness of the eyes is the enlarging of the heart: the lamp of the wicked is sin.
5 The thoughts of the industrious always bring forth abundance: but every sluggard is always in want.
6 He that gathereth treasures by a lying tongue, is vain and foolish, and shall stumble upon the snares of death.
10 The soul of the wicked desireth evil, he will not have pity on his neighbour.
11 When a pestilent man is punished, the little one will be wiser: and if he follow the wise, he will receive knowledge.
12 The just considereth seriously the house of the wicked, that he may withdraw the wicked from evil.
13 He that stoppeth his ear against the cry of the poor, shall also cry himself and shall not be heard.

PSALM: Psalms 119: 1, 27, 30, 34 - 35, 44

1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.
27 Make me to understand the way of thy justifications: and I shall be exercised in thy wondrous works.
30 I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments I have not forgotten.
34 Give me understanding, and I will search thy law; and I will keep it with my whole heart.
35 Lead me into the path of thy commandments; for this same I have desired.
44 So shall I always keep thy law, for ever and ever.

GOSPEL: Luke 8: 19 - 21

19 And his mother and brethren came unto him; and they could not come at him for the crowd.
20 And it was told him: Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.
21 Who answering, said to them: My mother and my brethren are they who hear the word of God, and do it.