Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Daily Catholic Mass Readings For Wednesday, September 24, 2014



FIRST READING: Proverbs 30: 5 - 9

5 Every word of God is fire tried: he is a buckler to them that hope in him.
6 Add not any thing to his words, lest thou be reproved, and found a liar:
7 Two things I have asked of thee, deny them not to me before I die.
8 Remove far from me vanity, and lying words. Give me neither beggary, nor riches: give me only the necessaries of life:
9 Lest perhaps being filled, I should be tempted to deny, and say: Who is the Lord? or being compelled by poverty, I should steal, and forswear the name of my God.

PSALM: Psalms 119: 29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163

29 Remove from me the way of iniquity: and out of thy law have mercy on me.
72 The law of thy mouth is good to me, above thousands of gold and silver.
89 For ever, O Lord, thy word standeth firm in heaven.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy words.
104 By thy commandments I have had understanding: therefore have I hated every way of iniquity.
163 I have hated and abhorred iniquity; but I have loved thy law.

GOSPEL: Luke 9: 1 - 6

1 Then calling together the twelve apostles, he gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3 And he said to them: Take nothing for your journey; neither staff, nor scrip, nor bread, nor money; neither have two coats.
4 And whatsoever house you shall enter into, abide there, and depart not from thence.
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off even the dust of your feet, for a testimony against them.
6 And going out, they went about through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing everywhere.